TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR BROKEN TOOTH AT HARMONY DENTAL CARE
A tooth can be broken in a number of ways; there is also a cracked tooth syndrome.
How badly the tooth is broken or chipped will determine what repair is done.
How teeth can become broken
Teeth can become broken from;
- A sports injury
- A fight
- Cracked tooth syndrome where one grinds their teeth too often and too hard
- Falling causing injury to the face and mouth
- Biting something hard such as hard candy
How to deal with a broken, chipped, or cracked tooth
First, call your dentist immediately for an appointment to have the dentist examine and repair the tooth.
Secondly, while at home waiting to go to the appointment if you cannot get in right away treat the tooth to prevent infection from setting in or it becoming broken, chipped, or cracked worse.
Ways to deal with broken teeth at home until dentist appointment
Here are a few ways to deal with broken, chipped, or cracked teeth at home until you can get into the dentist for a repair.
- Rinse with warm salt water
- Take Tylenol if it is painful, acetaminophen only as ibuprofen will cause blood thinning
- If there is a sharp or jagged edge; cover it with paraffin wax (used in canning) or sugar free gum to keep the inside of your mouth and lips from getting cut, scratched, and infected
- Eat only soft foods and do not bite down hard
5 Repairs used for broken teeth
The 5 repairs used for broken teeth are;
- Root canal used if the pulp has been damaged or exposed.
- Dental implant if none of the above fixes will work.
Broken tooth repair in Oshawa, like any other place, one of these repairs will be done to repair your broken tooth.