5 Natural Teeth Whitening Home Remedies
Natural teeth whitening became a preferred option for patients who are speculative of professional teeth bleaching. The in-office procedure of whitening teeth brings concern about its chemical composition. It is also quite costly for those in a tight budget.
The dentist in Oshawa finds these tips an effective and harmless way to restore the teeth’s appearance. Moreover, patients can easily find the items in their kitchen.
There are various reasons why your teeth color changes to faded yellow or brown. Sometimes, natural teeth whitening can’t help with restorations because of extreme teeth discoloration. Watch out for these causes and prevent teeth stains.
- Tobacco use. Since tobacco has strong staining properties from tar, the dark color easily stays in your teeth.
- Fruit juices. Most companies put too much food coloring that it also colors your teeth.
- Coffee and tea. According to a dentist in Oshawa, tannins building up in the teeth causes the stains. These are organic substances found in plants such as in coffee beans and tea leaves.
Natural teeth whitening tips
- Oil pulling is a method in removing bacteria build-up causing the yellowish stains. Patients preferably use coconut oil and swish it around in their mouths.
- Brushing with baking soda is another natural teeth whitening technique patients can try. It has natural whitening properties making it a popular content in toothpaste.
- Eating fruits that have stain removing properties like the enzymes in pineapples.
- Rinsing with a mixture of water and hydrogen peroxide. The latter is also a natural bleaching agent that’s found in whitening toothpaste.
- Another safe tip as per a dentist in Oshawa is to mouthwash water and apple cider vinegar blend. Apple cider vinegar is effective in killing bacteria leaving your teeth clean and white.
Consult the dentists at Harmony Dental Care first to ensure that these remedies are safe and can work best for you!